GLOBAVASITY | Institute of Continuous and Vocational Education
The Reading & Writing Experts
An Accredited NGO For Mass Literacy in Nigeria by NOGALSS & NMEC
PARTNER WITH US
The word illiteracy is the inability of a person to read, write and speak a particular language of interest, say English language. Then an illiterate is like a deaf, dump, and blind person, who cannot communicate or interact effective with other people. Today in Nigeria such categories of people are too many in our country as confirmed by the Minister of education, Alhaji Adamu Adamu who said “75 million people are illiterates in Nigeria and that it is too high and not good for the country - Vanguard 21, September, 2017.’’
1. We have published more than 10 unique books and DVDs for our mass literacy programs. And they are very affordable.
2. We have trained about 50,000 adult illiterates within eighteen (18) years. And have spent over #300 million naira on this project of mass literacy in Nigeria.
3. We have more than thirty (30) active literacy centers. And intend to have 100 or more this year.
4. We have eight (8) campaign vehicles and numerous campaign stands at junctions.
5. We run Television and radio programs (Rivers State Television, Wazobia 94.1FM, Treasure fm 98.5).
6. We have more than 200 staff now, and we are working to have about 12,000 staff. Across the 774 L.G.A’S in Nigeria before 2030.
7. We have recognitions from: Rivers State Agency For Adult and Non Formal Education, UNESCO, Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), private individuals, religious organizations, NMEC and NOGALSS etc.